Wednesday, July 30, 2014

I Have a Job!

It's not that I haven't had jobs since I've moved here.  I have done multiple long term sub positions, got a job at REI, and worked at a Maker Camp this summer, but I have an actual job!

I will be working at Barclay Elementary/Middle school here in the city.  I am able to walk to school it is that close and I'm coming in to a school that hasn't had an art teacher for a couple of years which means I get to build the program how I want.

I will be teaching pre-k-8th grade! That is a bit overwhelming but I am happy that I get the older kids even if it means that I have the younger grades as well.  Another great part is that our school just received a major Arts Everyday Grant which means they are trying to integrate art into the school, needless to say I will have plenty to do and not nearly enough time to get it all done, because only in Baltimore would they put a first year teacher in charge of all of that.

No comments: