Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I'm Alive in Portland!

I'm sitting here tonight watching The Parent Trap with my big friend whose name I believe is Buster the Bear.

Anyway, I just thought I would do a quick update about just a few random things. First off I'll tell you that for the first time in my life I feel a little embarrassed about being tanner then most. Shown below is my tan line around my foot from my shoes.


Second, life is always a little more interesting when you get punched in the face. A left hook right in the jaw can be a good story especially when it happens at your first FHE in a new ward. One thing is for sure the boy that accidentally hit me while playing water volleyball sure felt bad. But as Jen (The mom that I nanny for) said, "A numb and slightly swollen face is worth having a cute boy feel he needs to make it up to you." ha ha Jen is constantly making me laugh. Well, both Scott and Jen, they always want me to come back with stories from the singles ward but since being hit I haven't had really any other then I already have a calling, Reliefsociety Activities Committee.

Last, tonight Jen took me to get a pedicure. My vary first if you don't count the ones Claire used to give me. I new I would love it and it didn't let me down it felt great it was the perfect ending to a pretty good day.

Maybe next post I'll tell you a little bit more about nannying but for now just know that it's been pretty good. It's nice to be with a family that just already feels like family. There is something to say about growing up in Kaysville Utah that you already feel like family.

1 comment:

Coopers said...

Ha. We see those bears at Costco all the time. I always wonder how people have room for them in their house. That is awesome that they own one!

I totally had a shoe tan line this summer. Glad you are sporting one too!

Loving the toes! So fun you got a pedicure! I have never had one either. I think I need to put that on my list of things to do.

Love the update. Can't wait o hear more.