Saturday, November 20, 2010

5 weeks!

I want you all to be as excited as I am that I only have five more weeks of my job! There are some things I really do like about my job but the bad out way the good and probably the reason I am most excited about quitting is that people will no longer ask about my arms. These pictures really don't do them justice and in fact my fingers and arms are looking a lot better then they have.


(All you see is the really bright red but trust me they look worse in person
and have traveled up past my elbow)
.
.
(My fingers will swell up at night to the point were it's almost as if I've jammed them)
.

Most of this is because of the dish water and when I tell people this they tell me I should wear gloves but its not really convenient when your doing one dish at a time between customers. Plus the gloves are what cause all the problems with my fingers cause I have to take them on and off all the time between making sandwiches and doing prep.

Don't worry I will usually get my arms looking pretty good by tuesday night by wrapping them and putting medicated lotion on them but then by Wed all my hard work is lost and by Sat I'm lucky if they look as good as they do in these pictures (I only worked twice this week).

2 comments:

Claire said...

The look on your face in these photos is priceless. Oh the horror and exasperation of it all. Skin irritation can be the worst, especially if the skin cracks. I am certain you will be happy when the job is completed.

Coopers said...

oh man. so sorry. not cool. but at least you have had a job, right? getting close!