For my Connections class I had to read the book, A Long way Gone Memoirs of a Boy Soldier, by Ishmael Beah. I’m not much of a reader but I really enjoyed this book and suggest it to anyone that’s looking for a book. I live in a bubble were I don’t realize what’s going on in the world, but this book has opened my eyes and I’ve begun to pay more attention.
.

.
We were lucky enough to have Ishmael Beah come to Utah State and talk to us about his life. We had an extra opportunity to write an essay on what the book meant to us and why we should be picked to have breakfast with Ishmael. I decided to write the essay and was one of the sixteen students that were picked for the opportunity! It was so great to talk to him and have him answer questions..
4 comments:
That's awesome! What a great opportunity! Good job Caitlyn! Sorry to hear that you have been so sick. It's hard to do homework with your head full of gunk! Been there and done that!
Ok, so that's way cool! Nice work. When you are done with the book for class, we might need to borrow a copy. We just knew you were amazing!
Awesome! I'm glad you had the opportunity to meet him. With your suggestion I think I'm going to read the book
Way to go, Cait! I hope you're feeling better. WE can't wait to see you this weekend.
Post a Comment