It's funny how it takes months to get things going but than everything seems to happen at once. I was finally able to become a sub for both the city and the county. The city actually processed my stuff faster than the county, which was a surprise to everyone. I had about three weeks were I was working at one school everyday that I was available. They were great plus it always helps when they really like you. I was actually in the middle of doing a longterm sub job when a school out in the county asked if they could interview me for a longterm sub job that was actually in art. I interviewed last Friday and they asked if I could start Monday. I had to go back to Patterson Park and clear it with them. They knew I was looking for art jobs and even before I went to the interview the Vice Principal told me she knew that I would get the job. I felt bad because it was such a great school to work at but it feels so much better being in an art room all day.
My favorite things that the kids at Patterson Park asked me or told me while I was there:
1. From a Kindergartener, "Your hair is so soft. Do you grease it?"
2. From multiple students, "Are you from Australia?"
3. 7th graders came up with the theory that if you were born in the morning than you are a night person and if you were born at night you are a morning person.
I also miss looking at all the different hair styles. If you know me at all I was always so jealous of black girls because I thought there hair/ I still do think that their hair is so awesome with the million of pony tails, beads, and breads.
Although it is nice to have a classroom that feels more permanent, plus things are actually looking promising when it comes to getting a full time job next year I have three people in Baltimore County that want to help get me placed which is great. With a side note to that I have an interview with REI which means I will hopefully have a job during the summer time, although I might just want to buy everything in the store....
1 comment:
Yay! So fun.
Post a Comment