Do you feel like people still blog? With instagram it's so easy to take a quick picture and short explanation and call it good. Really I only blog because it becomes my Journal of life events so I really should blog a bit more even if people don't read it otherwise I wont ever get it written down.
Here it goes:
I graduated from BYU-Idaho on Dec 20, 2013, in Art Education. It was a good day I still had to teach which lets be honest was more babysitting than anything else since the room was clean and I needed to be able to leave right after school, plus the students brains were all checked out of school, and thats why they watched Boy Meets World. Graduation was good Mom, Dad, Maren, Ann, and Lydia all came up for the event and since I'm in the Visual and Performing Arts they got a show instead of student speakers we had a Bassoon solo, a Graphic Designer presentation, and a Dance Duet.
The next day we all headed home. I hung out at home for about 2 weeks and eventually packed up my stuff to head across the country.
I know live in... BALTIMORE! It's been good. I've only been here almost 2 weeks. Which is weird since it feels longer in some ways, which isn't bad, it's just weird that it feels that way. I'm still on the job hunt but have had some really good leads on longterm sub jobs in Art which is nice. The things that would make it better would be if the city was better at allowing me to become a sub, it doesn't help that we had a holiday yesterday and a snowday today and tomorrow, but hopefully that will happen soon so I can possible have a job in the coming weeks.
Anyway, not much else. Church is fine. I girl that I graduated from High School with is in my ward which is nice. It's of course a really small ward and as my friend said it's a ward of misfits. You might say aren't all singles wards like that, yes, but this ward has all the misfits from those misfit wards. Luckily misfit people are really nice and inviting so it will be good.
There is a group that play pick up games on Monday and Wednesday nights for Volleyball which I go to which is great another thing to get me out of the house. Mostly I spend my days trying to get a job, going to the park, library, store, or anything that Ann and I can think of to get out of the house. This time has given me an opportunity to work on some art stuff which again is going slow since I don't have everything I need but it will get there.
Hopefully next time I will have some more news. but for now this will have to do.
2 comments:
Well, I have tried some to keep up on my blog. I really (one day) want to make it into a book.
It's good to hear an update on life. I loved how you put into words the singles ward. Glad you can find the positive in things. That is the perfect way to live life!
Good luck with the job hunt! Love you!
Yay for blog posts! Also, now that you're so far away who am I going to watch ridiculous movies with when I come home? But I'm glad you're liking Baltimore :)
Post a Comment