Friday, November 15, 2013

Hardest part of the job

There is really so many other things I should be doing right now before my class comes in about a half hour but just feeling to write some stuff down.  It's been a hard week and I am so grateful that it is friday and that I get to teach all of my classes.

The hardest part of this job is working with the college students.  Some are easier than others and that's because they take my advice.  Others are really difficult to work with, but really it's just looking at the faces of my students that I can't wait until after Thanksgiving when I no longer have college students teaching.  My student's HATE having the college students teach on a daily bases I get asked if I'm teaching them today or tomorrow.  It does help that they all get really excited when I tell them that I will be teaching them but it doesn't help that I have to sit through lessons that are being destroyed because my college student thought they really didn't need to do much research about the artist or think through every step of the project.

I don't think people understand how much time I take just review artist.  I spend hours watching things on them about their life and how they did their art and it honestly makes the difference between a good lesson and a bad one.

Anyway, maybe someday I will have time to post more about how teaching is going but right now I'm just trying to make it to Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Claire said...

That is why I always have a hard time with group projects. I can do it better and faster on my own. When I am training people I always have to hold back because I want to do it.

Will said...

It's so true, the more you prepare the better things go! We wish you could join us for Thanksgiving.