Monday, January 14, 2013

Last Winter

It's my last winter in Rexburg and it doesn't want me to forget what a Rexburg winter can be like.  Lets set the seen; if we are lucky it gets up to 10 degree's during the day, but for some reason if it gets up to 10 the wind decides to come with it so I much rather have it 0 or below with no wind.  Generally by the time you get to class your nose hairs are frozen, sometimes your eye lashes, and you can hardly breath in because you are sure your lungs are freezing.  

Today the power went out which means for the second monday in a row I got up and ready before hearing any word on whether or not there is no class.  Then at 7:50 I got the text saying no class until 10:15 and then an hour later another saying not until 11:30.  I went to work at my normal time, came home ate lunch, and headed to school to find out my last class was cancelled.  The same thing happened with my roommate Ashley so we headed home.  Below is a video I made because lets face it I have been board all day and this gave me entrainment:  

We went to the gym afterwards and now I'm home waiting for FHE.  

Many people have asked that I post pictures and thanks to Ann I now can, because I don't buy camera's I just get my siblings old ones.  Anyway, I took a picture of my alla prima painting (all at once) that I did saturday from 7:30 am to around 11:30.  I will be doing about 20+ paintings this semester and maybe at the end when they are all done I will actually photograph them better and people can pick and choose what they would like.  (This picture is really a poor quality super blurry just know I was pleased with how it looks in real life)

The rest of these pictures are random:

Roommate/ Friend Ashley

The building I spend all my time

What the roads of Rexburg look like all winter

The hill I drive up praying every morning I can make it
thats after I pray the car will start

Ashley again in front of our apartment 

1 comment:

Jenny said...

So I used to have this awesome roommate who listened to me complain about the cold all the time in Logan and hating getting up so early just to scrape my car....so she scraped it most mornings for me. Yeah, I was one lucky girl. :) I don't envy your colder weather. I hate the cold, and still complain about it just about every day.