.
I'm lucky enough to have the children's books in my room (as well as a few other things) and tonight I decided to find all my favorites growing up. To start off, my favorite books that Dad would read were Pigs in Hiding, which is funny because there is not much story line to it, and The Diggin-est Dooog (The Diggen-est Dog). As for my top picks that Mom would read were, Epaminondas and His Auntie and The Five Chinese Brothers. As for all the others I loved for different reason.
I loved Green Eggs and Ham because it was the First book that I read by myself (and it was LONG). I loved the Best Little Monkeys in the World because of the illustrations, The Goofs and Amerlia Bedelia were just funny. Owen reminded me of how I felt about my "sucking shirt" and Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day has a part when he goes to his Dads office and I always pictured it just like my Dads. The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs needs no explanation because its great, as for the last three I can't say exactly why I just remember really liking them.
So there you have it from a girl that has never been a very good reader I thought it would be nice to remember some of my favorites growing up.
5 comments:
What is the red book to the right of the Five Chinese Brothers?
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible,No Good, Very Bad Day.
How fun! I have many many books from my childhood and I love them! Our favorite was the smells of christmas and the old black witch! Great post :)
Post a Comment