The Bryan's (a family that I used to take care of till they moved to Logan) have become a second family to me and I often go over just to hang out and play with the kids. Most often I'll go over at around one in the afternoon all the kids are in school but Jake who has morning kindergarten and Macy who is usually taking a nap so Jake and I will play any game he wants to. One day as we were playing a game he looked at me and asked, "Are you older than my mom?" I told him I wasn't and we continued our game. A few minutes later he asked, "Are you older than your mom?" At this question I was about to laugh but I told him I wasn't as soon as I told him I wasn't he asked, "Are you taller than your mom?" I told him I was. With this answer he looked at me and said, "but your mom's older than you?" Once again I told him she was and tried to explain that kids often grow taller than their parents. I thought that was the end of the conversation but I've had to tell him about three or four more times that I'm younger than my mom and his. It turns out he has been asking his mom the same questions of whether or not she's older than me. The concept is hard to understand and I think he still thinks about it often.
We've moved on to more questions like, "When are you going to have kids?" I tell him when I'm married. He than asks, "When will you get married?" and when I tell him I don't know I need to date someone before I get married, he informs me that I need to date a boy than. I love spending time with Jake he makes me laugh. I couldn't agree with him more I would love to be dating... And now Jake and Ellie, his older sister, are trying to get me to move in with them because they have an extra bed in the basement. Granted the bed is a folding one but they sure have talked it up apparently it is the warmest bed Jake has ever slept in. ( I don't believe Jake has ever slept in it.) I love going there they're so much fun to talk to.

2 comments:
Those kids sound like a blast. And they guve great advice as well.
What a cutie. Kids are hilarious. I swear no one could even make up the stuff kids come up with all on their own. Did that make any sense? I just re-read what a wrote. It's 2 in the morning and I can't sleep. You will have to forgive me.
Post a Comment