I'm sure none of you really thought much about why I haven't blogged much about this past semester the truth is I don't really like to be a downer kind of blog/person and what with my life not very exciting just work and school the only other thing I felt like I did was clean. I've hesitated writing about this but I guess I don't really care since it's the truth, but this past semester I had the messiest roommates to date. In fact it amazed me how long they could go with out cleaning, granted we have clean checks every Wednesday but that didn't necessarily mean they would clean. In fact we got a perfect score one week when only myself and one other roommate cleaned, you would think we would think it was funny but it actually just made us frustrated (us being the 2 that did our clean checks).
Anyway, I'm just glad I don't have to deal with the anxiety of just cleaning up their mess or leaving it because really none of it was mine you can ask my one roommate she would back me up on this. One more thing for some reason pictures don't quit do the mess justice I think it's because it makes the apt look bigger then it actually is.
This is normal that cinnamon roll pan probable had been there since the last time I cleaned, because after I would clean that would be the perfect time for someone to bake.
Yes, this could be why our apt didn't smell very good. Oh, I also should add we have a dishwasher that was empty besides a few bowls and spoons I had but in there.
Another day like I said normal to leave your pans.
Don't worry nobody is home right now this is what I walked in on. It was not the first nor the last time the T.V. was on when I got home from work with no one home actually watching it.
I never really saw the coffee table the cleanest it would be is if all that stuff was in a pile.
Once again normal and once again dishwasher pretty much empty
what I would walk through everyday in the living room to get to my room
And finally I break down and do all the dishes. The dishwasher at this time is going a packed full.
All together fun times but I'm super happy to be home and I really hope that this past semester will be the messiest one I have because I don't think I could handle any more roommates that just sit on the couch while I do their dishes. At least if I told them we were cleaning for 10 mins they would but they had to be told otherwise I got nothing. Near the end my one roommate Ashley would start cleaning if I were cleaning or at least tell me thank you which made it better.
That is all I promise I wont complain on the next post this is more of a Journal entry for me.




3 comments:
And THIS my friend is what makes me not miss school. I just about died for you. I totally know where you're coming from, except I unfortunately failed to ever document it. Luckily for me though, I usually had one other roommate that was OCD like me (thank you for being one of them :D) so the house would stay relatively clean. I seriously can't look at these pictures again...I'll have nightmares from the ghost of college day's past! :)
If this happens again you could do what I did. Take the number of people in the apartment, in the cupboards each person gets a plate, bowl and cup. They each get a spoon, fork and knife. There are two pots, one pan. No tupperware. Everything else went into trash bags and was stored under my bed or in my closet. If it was needed then I would get it out and it was used, cleaned and put back away.
oh man! that is no fun. i can't believe you had cleaning checks everyweek! probably a good thing!
well, lets hope you have seen the worst. way to stick through it.
Post a Comment